Skip to main content

Weekend Escape

Spent the weekend in KL.
Cousin's wedding reception in the evening. Decided to try curls for a change instead of always having my hair blow-dried straight.
And I have to say (please excuse me for sounding vain) I felt pretty hot.
:3
Wondering now if I should consider perming it like this for a while and then relaxing it again OR if I should just get it curled temporarily again whenever I feel like it.
Decisions, decisions.
 Stayed at the Grand Seasons Hotel which was quite close the where the dinner was.
Was so-so. 
But the view from our room was rather nice.
 Took this one yesterday at around 7.20 in the evening.
And this one at around noon today.
Went to Mid Valley and The Gardens just before coming back.
It's amazing how nice hair can get you attention, seriously. In the lift as we were going down to the lobby there was this Indian dude who looked North Indian or something (a little on the chubby side but not bad. Heh.) The whole lift was like a mirror-ed box so wherever you turned and looked you'd see someone's reflection and every single time I caught his eye he was looking right at me. Flattering, unnerving. The last time this happened was I think during tuition class around 10 years ago lmao.
And then at the mall as I was walking to the ladies; you know how most places have both the men's and women's washrooms next to each other? So yeah as I was walking in, this dude was walking out and he deliberately walked closely past and went, "Hey" with a lift of his eyebrow. Took me about 5 seconds to realize what actually happened before my face broke into a smile lol.
Saw a really, really nice pair of shoes by at Melissa + Karl Lagerfeld (The same brand Kelly Osbourne's ice cream pumps are from). Shiny grey flats. Perfect for any outfit. Gargh I wish my wallet never ran out of money.
Got a couple of graffiti printT-shirts and my China Blue body mist and body cream from Marks & Spencer (which was probably the highlight of today's so-called shopping spree) and we had a bite to eat at Chili's before heading back. 
I have 6 days left here at home. 6 days left to sleep as much as I want. 6 days left to read as much as I can. And 6 days left to watch as much as I can on TV.
The only thing I'm looking forward to when I go back is the fact that I'll be going for the Comedy Court show just before classes start again on the 17th.
Ah well.

All good things come to an end, no?
So yes.
That's about all for the moment.


More soon.
:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Dr., Now!

It's been 10 days since my final professional exam & announcement of my results. I'm a doctor. & though I've been studying my entire life to reach this stage it still feels so surreal. It still feels like I need to head back south to continue with classes. Like I'm still on some semester break that is going to come to an end. Every so often throughout my day it hits me; I don't have to study anymore - for now at least. But then this though gets clouded over by other things & I forget. I have to constantly keep reminding myself that I've made it. I've actually, finally made it this far. As daunting as this whole new chapter - that's about to begin - is, part of me is excited to start. I'm excited to see where my future takes me, not only in which field of medicine I decide to pursue but also to which place. Big cities are out of the question for me. I realized, over the past couple of days, that since I've left th...

Tonight I Can Write the Saddest Lines

Part of me finds it very sad that my own parents don't know the kind of person they have brought up and raised. They see me as someone who is very selfish, dominating, as someone who bullies her sister, arrogant, impatient, unkind, not bothered, irresponsible. Someone who just doesn't care or give a damn. In my mind these past few years, a majority of my thoughts have been revolving around how I will be helping my parents out financially once I start earning. I might not earn much in the beginning. But I already know that chunks of my pay will be going towards my sister's monthly allowance as she will be in college by the time I start working, and also towards my parents, to settle off whatever bills they have. The rest of what I earn will be used for my other necessities and savings, etc. I never tell them this because I feel it is my responsibility as the eldest to do my part in this family. And when the time comes they will see what I'm doing. There's no ...