Skip to main content

Snapshots

Was in Penang for quite a few days. It was a sleep-eat-shop kinda trip and I ate and ate and ate until I couldn't eat anymore.
Didn't do much shopping though. Spent time indoors at the hotels this time round. 
Still can't get over all that glorious food.
These are the snapshots I took over the few days I was there.
First few days were spent here. The pool was so nice! Was having a little too much fun so didn't take any pictures of the pool unfortunately :P
From the parking lot at night.
The hotel lobby.
This is just above you as you enter the lobby. It's lighted even during the day but you don't really notice it as much. It's the first thing you notice when you walk in at night.
This was the view from our room. Very comfortable, spacious room. The TV was set so you could watch pretty much anything from music videos to recent movies. There was even a CD/DVD player and a stereo system. Very impressive.
At sunset. I really wanted to go down to the beach to get a proper shot but I liked this view better. Plus I'd already taken my shower and I didn't want to get my feet dirty again :P
You have Ray Charles in the bathroom with you at all times :D 
Outside the Hard Rock Cafe 
At the beach. 

This is the view from the pool area. 
We were out the whole day and got back late. Wanted to have a bite to eat at the cafe but apparently they stop serving by 10.30pm pfft. So room service it was. Nyeh. We had a beef burger with lots of cheese, as you can probably see, and it was soooo yummy my goodness. Even the potato wedges were so tasty.
 This was for dessert. Apple pie served with biscotti, berry coulis and cinnamon ice-cream. It was like something you'd see on Masterchef and it was amazing. Absolutely amazing. The pie was still warm and the crust was thick. I love it when the crust is thick coz usually it's really thin and you get more apple than anything else but this was really good. The berry coulis had just the right amount of tartness to it and it complimented the ice-cream and biscotti very nicely. Gaaahhhh my mouth is watering just describing it all over again.
Went to Queensbay for a little while. Got a lovely pair of glittery black sandals from ALDO and another one from Skechers for when I start my clinicals. Did a little clothe shopping at Uniqlo, too :D 
 I've heard so much about Straits Quay in Singapore so I thought I'd check out the one in Penang and it was really a lovely place to hang out. Good dating spot, too. The Four Seasons bakery had some delectable pastries and there were so many pretty little earrings and trinkets sold upstairs in the main building. 
There were children skateboarding and cycling. They were having so much fun. All the cafes and bistros were packed and the weather was perfect for a stroll.
 This was at Khuntai Restaurant , Teluk Kumbar. 
Damn good Thai food ohmygoodness. The tom yum was crazy good.
 Very rustic setting. We had a view of the beach and there was this breeze the whole time we were eating and it was just soooo nice.
 This little guy was with his mom and dad on the beach. 
About 20 steps down from the restaurant this is what you get.
 
Spent a few days here after leaving Batu Feringhi side.
The hotel lobby.
Hotel lounge.
 This is just after the lounge area on the way to the Sri Tanjung Cafe.
Outside the ballroom.
The Sri Tanjung Cafe.
The pool. Just before the pool area is the Royal Spa where I went for a traditional Thai massage. Oh God. It was the best I've ever had. The. Best. And I didn't even have to take any clothes off. The one I went to at Thistle in JB was an oil massage whereas this one was without oil. She pulled and kneaded and stretched and cracked and it was sooooo damn good. She even massaged my bum and it was heaven. Seriously. Best bum/body massage and limb-pulling session EVER.
 The view from our room. I think of all the hotels we've stayed in, this room had the best layout. Everything was separated. The bathroom was divided into sections so the shower cubicle was by itself, the toilet was by itself and the sink was also by itself which meant simultaneously, three people could be in there. There was a small space for the dressing table and wardrobe and the bed area was also separated and oh so comfortable.
One thing about these Royale Bintang / Royale Chulan hotels is that they all have this very pleasant, floral smell everywhere.
 Along the corridor of the hotel outside the Sri Tanjung Cafe.
 After dinner we took a walk and came across this funky little place along Bishop Street called Illy Coffee/Acupaday. It was so cute!
We had drinks and different types of cakes. The other two slices were red velvet and chocolate rum. The chocolate rum was yum! Very creatively presented, too.
By far one of the best holidays in a very long while.
Hard Rock Hotel is a place you should go to if you have children. If you're into water sports and water activities then that's the go-to place. Service is good although I wouldn't say great because I've experienced much better. Food is very good but they're only open until about 10.30pm if you want to dine in, which was a bit of a disappointment.
The Royale Bintang was our kind of hotel. Excellent service and very good food as well. Very classy, very high-end and very strategically located because a lot of places are walking distance like the jetty, ferry terminal and cafes etc.
There's so much to see and do in Penang. So much to eat!
Very thankful for a good trip :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table Topics: Judgement & Understanding

Took one of my classmates out today coz she needed to get some things. She's been through a lot. Nothing I will disclose here but we had a pretty long chat in the car once we got back. And it's really true what they say about never judging someone before getting to know them. She opened up to me about everything that was going on. How she felt about things. How she was dealing with things. And at the end of the day it all boils down to understanding. There's a reason behind the things people do. It's simply a matter of accepting that reason and understanding them for it and them helping them get through it. You hear stories about married couples going through a divorce. It's really not an option anyone should think about after marriage. After all it's for better or for worse, right? But what if sometimes it becomes too much to bear? What if sometimes things get impossible to handle? What if that's the reason divorces happen in the first plac

To Date.

I've recently been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award thanks to a friend of mine I've only known via Facebook for some years now. The blog post for that is still being drafted. I've been posed some pretty tricky questions /;) Haven't been blogging as frequently as I used to coz I didn't bring my laptop back home this time round. Didn't think I'd have much use for it. Things have been a little...crazy here to say the least. I'm actually twenty-one now. Though I must say, the word 'freedom' was never synonymous with this age. All I ever related to this milestone was responsibility. Funny. It's been such a rollercoaster ride of emotions. I could never completely describe it. I've been thinking about how I've celebrated my birthdays all these years. Two birthdays I celebrated away from home. My eighteenth, which was in the UK with Aunty M and Uncle T, and my twentieth, which was in Johor with my classmates and a once

Dubai

Dubai was actually a layover. Since I have friends there I decided to spend a few days with them before flying out to London.  I took Emirates to and from Dubai & the UK & it was great. The unlimited wine was a major plus :P Only spent about 3 days in Dubai so I saw only a few of the major must-see spots.  My friend picked me up from the airport & we went to her place first. It was about 20 minutes away. More depending on traffic. Roads are very broad and each side has 6 lanes with a minimum of 3 on average. You see a lot of SUVs there. There's a lot of American influence. The UAE doesn't have their own national car.  It felt a lot like being in KL at first. Only after a while I started taking in the difference. Plenty of skyscrapers everywhere. But unlike KL, buildings here are built much closer together. & there is a LOT of development going on, still.  After washing up at home, we headed out to the Burj. The entrance is within the Dubai Mal