Skip to main content

Loving/Living This Moment


It's already March!
Every time I begin writing another entry I can't help but to wonder where all the time has gone.
I'm halfway through the first posting of the first semester of the year. This is the second last semester of my whole course. By this time next year I'll be waiting to get a job somewhere. Daunting.

My trip to Langkawi was pretty great!
At the infamous Eagle Square
The beautiful view from our room
 From the Sky Bridge
 From the first stop of the Sky Cab
 On the Sky Cab
 Eagle Square view. Just look at that blue
 Whilst island hopping
 At Beras Basah Island
 Our boat guy was so awesome xD
 At the fresh water lake at Dayang Bunting Island
 Eagle Square view
 Sky Cab view
Balcony view 
We had really good food and took some really good shots. Made lots of really good memories, too. Looking forward to the next trip.
Then my birthday came round and I'm now officially a quarter of a century old.
 My gang surprised me with some of my favourite cake slices just after midnight. Then for dinner I was blindfolded and taken to a nice place in Malacca. We ate, drank, talked, laughed, took some pictures and just like that the night came to an end. Also got some really lovely gifts, notes, messages and flowers.
Photo credits to yet another bestie :)
And I have a little partner in crime now.
This is Gizmo. She's currently about 5 months old and is a mixed breed. She loves jumping on pretty much anything that can be jumped on and she's killed 2 lizards for me already. It's taken me a whole month to get used to her living with me because I've lived alone for so long and I always need my space and she's so clingy! I was never into cats. Can't say I never liked them. Can't say I liked them either. I was always somewhat in between. But mom adopted her for me after telling her that I wanted a little pet and since a puppy would be more of a handful I settled on a kitten instead and she's what I got. (Rabbits, hamsters, chicks and fish are all pets of my past in case you're wondering. And no other animal will ever replace my doggies back home). I have to say, though, she has really grown on me. She comes when she's called and is always, always next to me. Whether I'm in the shower or in the loo -.- And she's always sitting on my table while I study. Hard not to love her. She's actually sleeping on the table right now as I type this.
So that's pretty much how things have been going these many weeks.
I'm in a very happy place right now. I'm complete, all on my own, and I'm just genuinely happy. So many things have happened and I'm the person I am because of those circumstances and situations but I honestly wouldn't change any of those things for the world.
I've learnt to love, appreciate and accept myself in spite of my physical flaws. I've learnt to respect myself enough to walk away from anything or anyone that doesn't bring me peace of mind or happiness. I've also learnt that I truly am worth so, so much. And I will not settle for anything or anyone I don't deserve. I will no longer beg for love, attention or affection from anyone. I will no longer waste time, effort and energy on anyone who's not willing to do the same for me.
Life is way too short to be anything but happy.
God has been really good to me and I'm nothing but happy in this very moment.
Walking into all things bright and beautiful this year and very much looking forward to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table Topics: Judgement & Understanding

Took one of my classmates out today coz she needed to get some things. She's been through a lot. Nothing I will disclose here but we had a pretty long chat in the car once we got back. And it's really true what they say about never judging someone before getting to know them. She opened up to me about everything that was going on. How she felt about things. How she was dealing with things. And at the end of the day it all boils down to understanding. There's a reason behind the things people do. It's simply a matter of accepting that reason and understanding them for it and them helping them get through it. You hear stories about married couples going through a divorce. It's really not an option anyone should think about after marriage. After all it's for better or for worse, right? But what if sometimes it becomes too much to bear? What if sometimes things get impossible to handle? What if that's the reason divorces happen in the first plac

To Date.

I've recently been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award thanks to a friend of mine I've only known via Facebook for some years now. The blog post for that is still being drafted. I've been posed some pretty tricky questions /;) Haven't been blogging as frequently as I used to coz I didn't bring my laptop back home this time round. Didn't think I'd have much use for it. Things have been a little...crazy here to say the least. I'm actually twenty-one now. Though I must say, the word 'freedom' was never synonymous with this age. All I ever related to this milestone was responsibility. Funny. It's been such a rollercoaster ride of emotions. I could never completely describe it. I've been thinking about how I've celebrated my birthdays all these years. Two birthdays I celebrated away from home. My eighteenth, which was in the UK with Aunty M and Uncle T, and my twentieth, which was in Johor with my classmates and a once

Dubai

Dubai was actually a layover. Since I have friends there I decided to spend a few days with them before flying out to London.  I took Emirates to and from Dubai & the UK & it was great. The unlimited wine was a major plus :P Only spent about 3 days in Dubai so I saw only a few of the major must-see spots.  My friend picked me up from the airport & we went to her place first. It was about 20 minutes away. More depending on traffic. Roads are very broad and each side has 6 lanes with a minimum of 3 on average. You see a lot of SUVs there. There's a lot of American influence. The UAE doesn't have their own national car.  It felt a lot like being in KL at first. Only after a while I started taking in the difference. Plenty of skyscrapers everywhere. But unlike KL, buildings here are built much closer together. & there is a LOT of development going on, still.  After washing up at home, we headed out to the Burj. The entrance is within the Dubai Mal