Skip to main content

Umm. Lanterns & Locks?


First week of second year has come and gone.
Our lecturers are pretty good but the best one has got to be Dr Kishore for Pathology.
My God he's an absolute genius.


His jokes are so witty, so intellectual. "It's painfully annoying but I'll try my best to make it (Pathology) amusingly entertaining." 
He doesn't come in with anything. Just a marker pen. No slide notes, no power point presentations, nothing. He either just sits down in front of the class and talks and talks and talks or he fills up the whole board with information we need to know. That's it. And his analogies are soooo easy to understand, relate to and remember.


Really hope he stays 'till the very end and doesn't leave us halfway to go back to India.
Fingers crossed.

Money seems to be running out faster than water these days. Bills, groceries, stationery, photocopied notes, books and so many other things to buy and get sorted.
Things have been so hectic this week.
We celebrated Lantern Festival last night. Well if you consider walking around carrying lanterns a form of celebration then yeah that's what we did. Heh.

After walking around with the smaller lanterns we lit up the bigger ones (that reminded me of mini hot air balloons) and we released them into the night sky (If anyone studying Literature were to read this the first thing that should come to mind here is 'Poetic License').
Anyway.
Have started working out again after months. They've finally put in 2 treadmills *starry-eyed*.
There's also a 4 station exercise machine that they've repainted, reupholstered and re-sprayed so it looks brand new and better stationary bicycles to use as well.
All the basic equipment but it's way cooler than it used to be. Waaaay cooler.
Was carrying the printer out this morning and accidentally padlocked the grill door without taking my set of keys off the dining table. The car keys were already in my bag so I went off to class anyway and started making phone calls to locksmiths and finally I called up the apartment office asking if anyone could help cut the lock.
By about 12pm I was back inside again with a new lock. This time one which requires the key to be IN the lock when locking and unlocking.
I tell you the things that I've had to go through on my own these past 2 years.
Lol.
Well cheers to the weekend!
It's movie night with the girls.
:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table Topics: Judgement & Understanding

Took one of my classmates out today coz she needed to get some things. She's been through a lot. Nothing I will disclose here but we had a pretty long chat in the car once we got back. And it's really true what they say about never judging someone before getting to know them. She opened up to me about everything that was going on. How she felt about things. How she was dealing with things. And at the end of the day it all boils down to understanding. There's a reason behind the things people do. It's simply a matter of accepting that reason and understanding them for it and them helping them get through it. You hear stories about married couples going through a divorce. It's really not an option anyone should think about after marriage. After all it's for better or for worse, right? But what if sometimes it becomes too much to bear? What if sometimes things get impossible to handle? What if that's the reason divorces happen in the first plac

To Date.

I've recently been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award thanks to a friend of mine I've only known via Facebook for some years now. The blog post for that is still being drafted. I've been posed some pretty tricky questions /;) Haven't been blogging as frequently as I used to coz I didn't bring my laptop back home this time round. Didn't think I'd have much use for it. Things have been a little...crazy here to say the least. I'm actually twenty-one now. Though I must say, the word 'freedom' was never synonymous with this age. All I ever related to this milestone was responsibility. Funny. It's been such a rollercoaster ride of emotions. I could never completely describe it. I've been thinking about how I've celebrated my birthdays all these years. Two birthdays I celebrated away from home. My eighteenth, which was in the UK with Aunty M and Uncle T, and my twentieth, which was in Johor with my classmates and a once

Dubai

Dubai was actually a layover. Since I have friends there I decided to spend a few days with them before flying out to London.  I took Emirates to and from Dubai & the UK & it was great. The unlimited wine was a major plus :P Only spent about 3 days in Dubai so I saw only a few of the major must-see spots.  My friend picked me up from the airport & we went to her place first. It was about 20 minutes away. More depending on traffic. Roads are very broad and each side has 6 lanes with a minimum of 3 on average. You see a lot of SUVs there. There's a lot of American influence. The UAE doesn't have their own national car.  It felt a lot like being in KL at first. Only after a while I started taking in the difference. Plenty of skyscrapers everywhere. But unlike KL, buildings here are built much closer together. & there is a LOT of development going on, still.  After washing up at home, we headed out to the Burj. The entrance is within the Dubai Mal