Skip to main content

Of Clicks & Connections

Best friend popped in for a visit yesterday and brought me these lovely Eustomas. 
Flowers for the first time in my life.
:')
I was actually halfway through a post about my recent dengue experience but this morning at around eight I changed my mind about the content and decided that I had something else I was dying to blog about.
Have been re-reading Dorothy Koomsons's The Chocolate Run. 
Amber the commitment-phobe and Greg the absolute tart.
On page 90, she describes about the way she is when she first starts going out with a guy. How she "...started to obsess about every little thing connected with him."
And as paranoid as she seemed explaining the way she felt and did things, I think it's how many of us are at the start of a relationship after being in a broken one way before.
You start to worry about how it'll play out, about how things will go, about whether or not it'll end like the first one.
And then comes all the trusting and the outpourings-of-the-heart sessions.
Have you ever met someone, made friends with someone and very simply connected with them? Just like that.
Either physically or mentally or emotionally.
Sometimes you meet this one person (or these few people) and you click and connect so instantly it's like you guys were made for each other in a past life or something.
Have you ever experienced that?
I don't know if it's something to be in awe about or if it's something that should creep me out but I find it very comforting.
To be able to talk to someone and connect with them in such a way that you sometimes only dream about.
It happened once when I was fifteen. We talked about everything under the sun for hours on end and never got bored. Conversation would go on and on and on, pausing only when we had to continue with our usual schedule or routine, and then we'd be right back where we left off. After about a year or so it all came to a halt.
But it's happening again.
With someone else and it's exactly the same.
And as much as I adore how comfortable I am with this person, I hate it, too, because it'll come to an end again. We'll both end up leading very different lives. We'll both have different dreams. And we'll drift our own separate ways eventually.
It takes a lot for me to completely trust someone.
To be able to tell them almost every nitty gritty detail about myself and about what I've been through and not being judged for it.
This is how I see it in my head; two computer animated characters standing facing each other in complete darkness illuminated by a spotlight somewhere above where they're standing. There's no talking. They're conversing silently. Mentally, perhaps. Every time one character shares something about themselves, a part of them, like part of their flesh gets disconnected from their body and attaches itself onto the other character. In the same manner, when the other character shares a piece of information about themselves, a part of their flesh gets attached to the other person and there's a sense of completion there, as twisted as this sounds. They just stand there and there's this transfer of flesh and no matter how much they share with each other, they're never completely devoid of their own flesh because the other person is sharing things as well. Can you understand? Can you picture it?They're trusting each other enough because of the connection that they have.
God it probably sounds like I've been on drugs or something.
This is just how it played about in my head this morning and I can't stop thinking about it.
When I share something with you, it's because I trust you. 
All my hopes, all my dreams, all my fears, all the things I've done.
Especially the things I've done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table Topics: Judgement & Understanding

Took one of my classmates out today coz she needed to get some things. She's been through a lot. Nothing I will disclose here but we had a pretty long chat in the car once we got back. And it's really true what they say about never judging someone before getting to know them. She opened up to me about everything that was going on. How she felt about things. How she was dealing with things. And at the end of the day it all boils down to understanding. There's a reason behind the things people do. It's simply a matter of accepting that reason and understanding them for it and them helping them get through it. You hear stories about married couples going through a divorce. It's really not an option anyone should think about after marriage. After all it's for better or for worse, right? But what if sometimes it becomes too much to bear? What if sometimes things get impossible to handle? What if that's the reason divorces happen in the first plac

To Date.

I've recently been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award thanks to a friend of mine I've only known via Facebook for some years now. The blog post for that is still being drafted. I've been posed some pretty tricky questions /;) Haven't been blogging as frequently as I used to coz I didn't bring my laptop back home this time round. Didn't think I'd have much use for it. Things have been a little...crazy here to say the least. I'm actually twenty-one now. Though I must say, the word 'freedom' was never synonymous with this age. All I ever related to this milestone was responsibility. Funny. It's been such a rollercoaster ride of emotions. I could never completely describe it. I've been thinking about how I've celebrated my birthdays all these years. Two birthdays I celebrated away from home. My eighteenth, which was in the UK with Aunty M and Uncle T, and my twentieth, which was in Johor with my classmates and a once

Dubai

Dubai was actually a layover. Since I have friends there I decided to spend a few days with them before flying out to London.  I took Emirates to and from Dubai & the UK & it was great. The unlimited wine was a major plus :P Only spent about 3 days in Dubai so I saw only a few of the major must-see spots.  My friend picked me up from the airport & we went to her place first. It was about 20 minutes away. More depending on traffic. Roads are very broad and each side has 6 lanes with a minimum of 3 on average. You see a lot of SUVs there. There's a lot of American influence. The UAE doesn't have their own national car.  It felt a lot like being in KL at first. Only after a while I started taking in the difference. Plenty of skyscrapers everywhere. But unlike KL, buildings here are built much closer together. & there is a LOT of development going on, still.  After washing up at home, we headed out to the Burj. The entrance is within the Dubai Mal