Skip to main content

And It's August. Yay.


Really doesn't feel like I'm about to have two weeks of torturous exams to mark the end of my first year of medical school.
Being home is always nice but more so now than ever, what with moving house and all. I get to spend so much time with the dogs and daddy and I take them out for their walks every evening without fail. I've been sleeping so soundly since I got back. No need to worry about falling sick coz mom's always around. No need to worry about what I'm gonna eat every day. No need to head out every two or three days to stock up on food stuff. I get to cook whenever I want coz the fridge is always so well stocked. I get to bake anything, anytime I want. 

I actually miss home now, whenever I have to head back down south.
I miss home a lot.
Went back to my music school last Sunday to visit my piano teacher. Memories came flooding back as soon as I started walking up the stairs. It's been years since I went back for a visit. How many hours I used to spend practicing, perfecting every single piece I learnt, perfecting all my scales. How many years I spent playing and performing. All the concerts we had. All the people we met. All the performances we were involved in. All the friends I made. I really, really hope I get to continue classes one day. Exams are all over and done with but I'd absolutely love to go back for lessons again. Some things you just don't ever forget; Playing the piano is one of those things for me despite not practicing properly for years.
Was going through my Facebook home page the other day and I noticed that so many of my high school mates are doing really, really well in their respective fields. Friends who are modelling big time, meeting celebrities like Jimmy Choo and DJ-ing on Fly.fm part time. Friends who are studying at Singapore's best music schools. Friends who are doing journalism and keeping the rest of us up to date on what's happening in the country and around the world. Friends who are backpacking all around Indonesia, Myanmar and Thailand. Friends who are Miss Malaysia finalists. Friends who are enjoying themselves wherever they are! And most of them are already in steady, stable relationships, well on their way to tying the knot in a couple of years. So many of them.

And here I am still waiting.
*cue crickets*
Still waiting for the right person to come along.
You know it's funny. People keep asking me what kind of person I'd go for, what kind of guy I'd like to be with, what my 'type' is.


And I always used to wonder.
Coz I never had an actual answer to any of their questions. I mean, I never had a 'type' that's for sure. If he's nice, he's nice, ya know? 

But now I realize I actually do have a 'type' and I actually do know the kind of person I want or I'd like to be with.
And it's gonna take a bloody long while for him to come my way let me tell you.

Appearances and other physical aspects aside, we must. Have. Common. Ground. 
Yes there will be differences, but he and I, well he needs to understand that I'm *scrunches nose* rather high maintenance. 
Okay. There. I said it. 
Gah!

I like heading out to high end cafes and restaurants. I like expensive clothes. I like watching plays like The Phantom of the Opera at places like Marina Bay Sands in Singapore. I love traveling (and by traveling I mean I like staying at nice hotels and bed & breakfasts even if it's a backpacking trip and we're on a budget. My budget would somehow include a nice hotel. Not necessarily fancy, but nice). I like attending orchestras. I like getting my nails done. I like having spa days. I like big cars (no I'm not saying he has to buy me one. I can do that for myself thank you very much. All I'm saying is that he should like big cars too. And preferably have one of his own. Like me. In about six years). I like being independent. I like having my space. If given a choice between traveling by bus or by flight, I'd choose by flight. I like big brands (not in-your-face ones like Gucci or Louis Vuitton or Prada, but like Fossil, Mango, Lee Cooper. You know, subtle ones. That make a statement no less).
Now for the things I don't like.
I don't like loud music. I don't like cigarettes. I don't like excessive drinking. I don't like much jewellery and I don't like make-up.  I don't like it when people get obsessive and I especially detest those who are disrespectful and those who take other people for granted AND above all else, people with ginormous egos. Apologize no matter what happens, because it means you value your relationship more than your ego. 
And as much as I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself, I'd like to have someone take care of me, too.
So there are a lot of things I like and a lot of things I don't like. I can't expect him to be exactly what I want, obviously. But I do want him to be honest, truthful. Loving and kind. The rest would be up to fate.
Or God.
Or in my case (most probably) up to mom and dad.

It's 12.06 on a Wednesday morning and I have Physio to revise.
Have a good one, errbady!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table Topics: Judgement & Understanding

Took one of my classmates out today coz she needed to get some things. She's been through a lot. Nothing I will disclose here but we had a pretty long chat in the car once we got back. And it's really true what they say about never judging someone before getting to know them. She opened up to me about everything that was going on. How she felt about things. How she was dealing with things. And at the end of the day it all boils down to understanding. There's a reason behind the things people do. It's simply a matter of accepting that reason and understanding them for it and them helping them get through it. You hear stories about married couples going through a divorce. It's really not an option anyone should think about after marriage. After all it's for better or for worse, right? But what if sometimes it becomes too much to bear? What if sometimes things get impossible to handle? What if that's the reason divorces happen in the first plac

To Date.

I've recently been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award thanks to a friend of mine I've only known via Facebook for some years now. The blog post for that is still being drafted. I've been posed some pretty tricky questions /;) Haven't been blogging as frequently as I used to coz I didn't bring my laptop back home this time round. Didn't think I'd have much use for it. Things have been a little...crazy here to say the least. I'm actually twenty-one now. Though I must say, the word 'freedom' was never synonymous with this age. All I ever related to this milestone was responsibility. Funny. It's been such a rollercoaster ride of emotions. I could never completely describe it. I've been thinking about how I've celebrated my birthdays all these years. Two birthdays I celebrated away from home. My eighteenth, which was in the UK with Aunty M and Uncle T, and my twentieth, which was in Johor with my classmates and a once

Dubai

Dubai was actually a layover. Since I have friends there I decided to spend a few days with them before flying out to London.  I took Emirates to and from Dubai & the UK & it was great. The unlimited wine was a major plus :P Only spent about 3 days in Dubai so I saw only a few of the major must-see spots.  My friend picked me up from the airport & we went to her place first. It was about 20 minutes away. More depending on traffic. Roads are very broad and each side has 6 lanes with a minimum of 3 on average. You see a lot of SUVs there. There's a lot of American influence. The UAE doesn't have their own national car.  It felt a lot like being in KL at first. Only after a while I started taking in the difference. Plenty of skyscrapers everywhere. But unlike KL, buildings here are built much closer together. & there is a LOT of development going on, still.  After washing up at home, we headed out to the Burj. The entrance is within the Dubai Mal