Skip to main content

Spa @ Thistle

Eyelids can barely stay open right now but I have to blog about this before I forget the details.
Got back from Thistle about an hour and a half ago after my two and a half hour spa session.
Oh my gosh.
It was amazing.
Absolutely amazing.
(Hashtag happy child).
Made an appointment for 3.30 this afternoon. Reached ten minutes earlier and waited for a while as they set everything up. Was ushered into the seating area and asked to make myself comfortable on one of the plush leather single seat sofas. I literally sunk in when I sat.
About 5 minutes later, they bring a big, big bowl of hot water and put in crystals of some sort and 2 slices of lime and my feet were left to soak for about 10 minutes. Was also served a hot cup of ginger tea with the slightest hint of sweetness.
Once my feet were rubbed down with those crystals, they were wiped and put into house slippers. And yes they actually put your feet into the slippers for you. All you have to do is sit back and relax.
Was then led into one of their many rooms.
My masseus then told me to strip and get into a pair of disposable undies (oh the mortification) and to wear a shower cap over my head.
I was prepared to strip but I wasn't prepared to take my bra off.
Now, friends of mine who are reading this, your imagination will just have to take a little detour and stop right there. 
Stop.
Anyway after stripping and changing I wrapped myself up in the towel I was given and lay face-down on the massage bed. Or whatever it is they call it. With my bra still on, that is.
Miss Masseus came in and was a little startled to find me all covered up.
"Miss you need to take off your bra as well, " she said.
"Oh...Do I have to?" I pleaded.
She nodded. "First time at a spa is it?"
"Yes." Actually second, but I seemed to be on auto for some weird reason.
I nodded and said okay.
And she was gone again, leaving me to it.
I finally took it off and wrapped myself up again.
This time when she came back in, she covered me up properly with the towel and then started applying the scrub. First on my legs. Ankles and then up to my knees. Back of my knees. Thighs. And the gap in between my thighs (my eyes were screwed shut so tightly and my hands were in fists). And then my ass. Yes she applied that scrub thing on my ass.
By this point I decided that it was of no use to stay shy so I willed myself to relax and just take it as it comes. What's the point of coming for one of these things if you're all tensed up about being touched anyway?
And then I got used to it.
Once my back was done I had to turn over and as she was putting that gooey stuff on my chest I could smell it.
Green pea paste with some added ingredients.
Definitely green peas coz mom always made me use that stuff for my face back in high school despite me refusing not to.

And then I was wrapped up in plastic and more towels and left for about 15 minutes. I have no idea how mummies feel when they're being wrapped up and preserved but I sure felt like one at the time.
Once I was unwrapped, I had to take a shower.
Stepped out of the massage room and walked over to the shower, bath and jacuzzi area. Like something out of a movie. The shower cubicles all had opaque doors so when you're occupying any of the cubicles your silhouette will be seen. That's pretty much how people will know the cubicle is occupied coz there aren't any locks on the doors.


So, all washed off and smelling of soap I headed back to the room again. Fresh new pair of disposable undies and a new shower cap.
OH! Speaking of the shower cap. You know how they usually come in little boxes in hotel rooms? The plastic ones all wrapped inside a box? This one was different. Honestly when I first saw it the first thought that came to mind was 'tampon' coz it was long and white and soft looking. Had to open it up to use it lol so funny.


All cleaned and wrapped in my towel again, I was asked to lie face down and this time she covered me with a different towel. Really soft, like wool and really big, too. One for my back. One for my ass and legs.
And then the massage began.
Oh my goodness did it begin.
She climbed on the massage bed thingy and pressed me down all the way from the sole of my foot to the base of my neck. Had to hold in all the noises I was dying to make so as to not freak the poor lady out. It was sooooo good.

After pressing, she massaged my feet and legs. Then the back of my knees. Thighs. Right side first, followed by the left side. And then my back and arms.
The pressure was amazing.

Turned over and she continued with my legs again, knees, thighs and chest. Once that was done I had this eye yoga thing done. No idea what it was but she covered my eyes with a cool cloth and over that some vibrating thing was placed and for about 5 minutes my eyes were being massaged. So weird but it was oddly very soothing. She said I have dark circles and lines under my eyes obviously indicating my lack of sleep. Apparently this eye yoga thing, if done on a regular basis, will help remove all that. Pretty cool.
After that I was asked to sit up and she sat behind me and massaged my shoulders for a while. I would've paid hundreds just to be able to sit there for hours and have pressure on my shoulders. The moment she touched them she asked if I'm always using the computer. It was that stiff, she said.

I can still remember all the massage movements she did. As she was massaging I could imagine how the hand was being positioned, how the fist would be moving, how the fingers would be applying pressure.
Before I knew it my time was up and the session was over. Got dressed, put on my house slippers and went back to the waiting area where they did my foot spa. My sandals were kept next to a cushioned seat where I was asked to sit down and have more ginger tea. One of the other masseuses kept me company as I finished my drink. 
They treat you so well. It's like you're a regular client. Service was excellent, I'll give them that.
Finally after wanting to go for one of these things for more than a year I went for it and I'm so satistied. Just wish it could've lasted longer.
Will definitely be going back again. Perhaps for a facial or something as well as a massage. And I wanna try out that jacuzzi thing. Looked so inviting.
The place I went to is called Singgahsana Spa. It's at the Thistle Hotel in JB town.
 Reservations are done via sms and their packages range from around RM300 to RM400/RM500 depending on what you'd like to have or do. 

Parking is not a problem at all. And really, you're treated like royalty and you come out feeling like a million bucks.
How can that not be enough.

P/S: DO NOT forget to wax thoroughly before going because they touch you everywhere except for your tummy and boobs.

Now excuse me whilst I go sleep properly for the first time in days.
Good night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table Topics: Judgement & Understanding

Took one of my classmates out today coz she needed to get some things. She's been through a lot. Nothing I will disclose here but we had a pretty long chat in the car once we got back. And it's really true what they say about never judging someone before getting to know them. She opened up to me about everything that was going on. How she felt about things. How she was dealing with things. And at the end of the day it all boils down to understanding. There's a reason behind the things people do. It's simply a matter of accepting that reason and understanding them for it and them helping them get through it. You hear stories about married couples going through a divorce. It's really not an option anyone should think about after marriage. After all it's for better or for worse, right? But what if sometimes it becomes too much to bear? What if sometimes things get impossible to handle? What if that's the reason divorces happen in the first plac

To Date.

I've recently been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award thanks to a friend of mine I've only known via Facebook for some years now. The blog post for that is still being drafted. I've been posed some pretty tricky questions /;) Haven't been blogging as frequently as I used to coz I didn't bring my laptop back home this time round. Didn't think I'd have much use for it. Things have been a little...crazy here to say the least. I'm actually twenty-one now. Though I must say, the word 'freedom' was never synonymous with this age. All I ever related to this milestone was responsibility. Funny. It's been such a rollercoaster ride of emotions. I could never completely describe it. I've been thinking about how I've celebrated my birthdays all these years. Two birthdays I celebrated away from home. My eighteenth, which was in the UK with Aunty M and Uncle T, and my twentieth, which was in Johor with my classmates and a once

Dubai

Dubai was actually a layover. Since I have friends there I decided to spend a few days with them before flying out to London.  I took Emirates to and from Dubai & the UK & it was great. The unlimited wine was a major plus :P Only spent about 3 days in Dubai so I saw only a few of the major must-see spots.  My friend picked me up from the airport & we went to her place first. It was about 20 minutes away. More depending on traffic. Roads are very broad and each side has 6 lanes with a minimum of 3 on average. You see a lot of SUVs there. There's a lot of American influence. The UAE doesn't have their own national car.  It felt a lot like being in KL at first. Only after a while I started taking in the difference. Plenty of skyscrapers everywhere. But unlike KL, buildings here are built much closer together. & there is a LOT of development going on, still.  After washing up at home, we headed out to the Burj. The entrance is within the Dubai Mal