Skip to main content

Memories Are Made of This

Got back to the apartment at around 5 this evening. The cabbie was really chatty. Has a professional certificate in IT it seems but loves driving so he's thinking of permanently having his own cab to transport people to and from airports. How convenient this has somehow worked out for me coz now whenever I need to get to the airport I have someone reliable to call instead of always having to get help from close friends.
Flight back was alright. Was seated next to a girl for a change.
Gave L a call as soon as I got back asking if anyone was hungry. By about 6 we were at McD chowing down burgers. 
After eating we wanted to head over to the pet shop but since today is Eid it was closed. Didn't want to get back just yet. 
Drove to Permas Mall where I found the place for a little something I need to get done at the end of the month after exams. Walked around a bit and (finally) checked out The Sugar Pantry.
Very chic Very nice. Sat down there for a while. Still didn't want to head back after that. 
Ended up driving into town to look for this bottled drink called Storm. The Zon didn't have it. So we came back with chocolates and a bottle of merlot instead. Hung out at Stulang for quite a while as L and S finished their bottle with chocolates. Talked. Observed. Panicked a little when my keys were missing.
Then we went drove around JB town looking for a good place to have ikan bakar. Drove and drove and drove. Finally found this Chinese place near a Shell station. Was really crowded even after midnight. Sat down and ordered some food. Wasn't too bad. There was some karaoke going on after this girl performed in the skimpiest of skimpy clothes. 2 men from the table behind ours started singing along to a chinese number. Followed by 2 other men from the table in front of us. And again back to the table behind us. And before I knew it, S and L requested for Adele's Someone Like You to be played and there I was. Singing. In a chinese restaurant. With about a hundred or so unknown people. 
I didn't have any drinks tonight. And I didn't try the cigar they bought to try out. So instead it was karaoke.
Lol.
And it was kinda fun actually. L took a video and at the end I beamed and gave her a thumbs up. 
After that on the way back I stopped at BP to pump air for the tyres. It was already around 2 in the morning. The newly opened Renaissance Hotel was just around the corner so we decided to check it out. Parked the car, went in, went up to the front desk and inquired about their rooms and room rates. Pretty damn reasonable for such a beautiful place. Walked around. Pool area was really nice and their gym is so well equipped. Dad would absolutely love it.
Got back at around 3.
It't now 4.35.
First thing I need to do when I wake up is mop the whole apartment. It's so damn dusty.
Very, very happy that my fishies are still alive. Left them with holiday food, a live plant and a little filter for two weeks. They actually survived. Now I have no idea what I'm gonna do for our three-week long break that's coming up. 
Tonight was nice.
Spontaneous, to say the least.
Memories really are made of this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table Topics: Judgement & Understanding

Took one of my classmates out today coz she needed to get some things. She's been through a lot. Nothing I will disclose here but we had a pretty long chat in the car once we got back. And it's really true what they say about never judging someone before getting to know them. She opened up to me about everything that was going on. How she felt about things. How she was dealing with things. And at the end of the day it all boils down to understanding. There's a reason behind the things people do. It's simply a matter of accepting that reason and understanding them for it and them helping them get through it. You hear stories about married couples going through a divorce. It's really not an option anyone should think about after marriage. After all it's for better or for worse, right? But what if sometimes it becomes too much to bear? What if sometimes things get impossible to handle? What if that's the reason divorces happen in the first plac

To Date.

I've recently been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award thanks to a friend of mine I've only known via Facebook for some years now. The blog post for that is still being drafted. I've been posed some pretty tricky questions /;) Haven't been blogging as frequently as I used to coz I didn't bring my laptop back home this time round. Didn't think I'd have much use for it. Things have been a little...crazy here to say the least. I'm actually twenty-one now. Though I must say, the word 'freedom' was never synonymous with this age. All I ever related to this milestone was responsibility. Funny. It's been such a rollercoaster ride of emotions. I could never completely describe it. I've been thinking about how I've celebrated my birthdays all these years. Two birthdays I celebrated away from home. My eighteenth, which was in the UK with Aunty M and Uncle T, and my twentieth, which was in Johor with my classmates and a once

Dubai

Dubai was actually a layover. Since I have friends there I decided to spend a few days with them before flying out to London.  I took Emirates to and from Dubai & the UK & it was great. The unlimited wine was a major plus :P Only spent about 3 days in Dubai so I saw only a few of the major must-see spots.  My friend picked me up from the airport & we went to her place first. It was about 20 minutes away. More depending on traffic. Roads are very broad and each side has 6 lanes with a minimum of 3 on average. You see a lot of SUVs there. There's a lot of American influence. The UAE doesn't have their own national car.  It felt a lot like being in KL at first. Only after a while I started taking in the difference. Plenty of skyscrapers everywhere. But unlike KL, buildings here are built much closer together. & there is a LOT of development going on, still.  After washing up at home, we headed out to the Burj. The entrance is within the Dubai Mal